Amana 9,000 BTU Thru-the-Wall Air Conditioner with 8,500 BTU Heat Pump, 9.8 EER, 2.3 Pts/Hr Dehumidification, 2 Fan Speeds and Remote Control
- Saves you money when compared to lower EER models.
- Allows for quick and complete cleaning of outdoor coils.
- This access for cleaning the outdoor coil enables easy removal of dirt and debris to help lengthen the life of the compressor and other system sealed components.
- Remove six easy access screws and let the cleaning begin!
- Has a permanent polypropylene filter mesh that is easy to remove and clean.
- Configure check filter light, temperature limiting capability, and fan auto cycle for heating or cooling.
- A solid-sided, insulated metal sleeve.
- It includes a stamped aluminum exterior grille with a weather-seal rear enclosure for installation without the chassis.
- The sleeve has a solid bottom for complete weather-tight installation.
- An optional PBWMFC can be used when a more permanent weather seal is needed for sleeves installed without the chassis.
- On all units for high reliability and dependability.
- Units start the first time - every time!
- Designed with guest comfort in mind - providing reliable, quiet operation for years to come.
From the beginning, every Amana brand product has been made with the same core philosophy: to provide their customers with high-quality products that are reliable, meet their needs, and last longer than the rest. And they keep that philosophy firmly in mind as they build their industry-leading Amana brand Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners (PTACs) and other heating and cooling products. Whether you are in the hotel/hospitality industry or provide assisted living services, Amana brand PTACs are designed to simplify your business with plain-and-simple product durability and advanced energy management features, while helping you to create the best environmental experience possible for your customer. Keeping these promises is top-priority through all stages of the production of Amana brand PTACs, from idea development through to finished product production. While they update the look of their Amana brand PTACs periodically, the components and internal assembly represent the result of a gradual evolution from the first Amana brand PTAC manufactured over 30 years ago. They focus on continual product improvement; the only new product concepts that make the cut are those that deliver valuable customer benefits. Available at AJ Madison.
How to Choose a Room Air Conditioner
Compared to large capacity central units, room air conditioners have several advantages. The initial cost of a room air conditioning unit is significantly lower than the cost of central air. Because room air conditioners are designed for cooling small spaces, operating costs are reduced. And, room air conditioners can provide personalized temperature and humidity controls that central systems cannot.
Calculating Cooling Capacity
Cooling capacity is the critical factor in properly selecting a room air conditioner. Cooling capacity is measured in British Thermal Units (BTUs) and typical models will range in capacity from 5,000 BTUs to 28,500 BTUs.
Choosing an undersized unit will overwork the unit and it will not cool properly. Choosing an oversized unit will cost more to buy and operate and it will not dehumidify properly.
We can help you to calculate capacity. Be prepared to provide specific information on:
- Room Dimensions
- A simple floor plan to show the location of doors and north-facing windows
- The number of people it will serve
- Sources of heat such as lamps, TV and appliances
- An explanation of what's above
- Industry-Leading Shipping Speeds
- Competitive Price Matching
- Secure Processing